Aquarium Co-Op is a new way of doing aquatic business. By interacting with our customer base on a daily basis and staying involved in the hobby; we can stay current with our customers needs. We’ve learned that our customers are environmentally friendly, price conscious and want high quality fish/products. Most would say that those three items are mutually exclusive. However with the support of our customers, we strive to meet these needs.
Some of the ways we meet these needs are the following:
- Buying fish from local breeders when possible.
- Only carrying what we believe are quality products. By limiting the products we offer, we can buy in bulk bringing down the price.
- Our fish bags have been engineered to use less plastic; we encourage all of our customers to use a reusable tote or the bag fish come in. This will help reduce the overuse of plastic bags that destroy aquatic ecosystems and help reduce costs.
- We have installed an automatic water change system that allows us to change water on all the tanks in the store at the same time. Each tank is filtered individually and water is never shared between aquariums.
- Nets are sterilized between each use, this leads to much healthier fish.
- By keeping the staff count low, we’ll be sure to get to know you and your aquarium personally. This helps us guide you in the right direction when it comes to making aquatic decisions.
- We offer a discount of 10% to current Greater Seattle Aquarium Society Members and enjoy contributing to the philanthropy projects to put aquariums in school environments.
- We want to help you track down that rare fish, whether it takes 2 weeks or 2 years; we want to guide you through setting up that new aquarium for your family and are committed to your long term aquarium needs.
It is our philosophy that by combining our love of quality fish/products with locally bred fish and plants; we can create a fun, inviting and sustainable hobby for all to enjoy. We encourage you to come explore Aquarium Co-Op.