How do I get rid of algae in my fish tank?
Algae is a natural part of the aquarium ecosystem because it helps to purify the water from toxic waste chemicals and serves as a food source for algae-eating fish and invertebrates. However, most people see it as an unwelcome guest since too much algae can obstruct your view of the fish tank and slow down healthy plant growth. Let’s talk about 5 easy methods for cleaning algae off your aquarium walls and decorations.
- Use tools to manually remove algae
- Get help from algae eaters
- Remove excess organics in the tank
- Balance the lighting and nutrients
- Treat with an algae inhibitor
For more details, read the full article here.