We recommend the following recipe for hatching:
- Fill the hatchery with approximately 2 liters of water (no dechlorinator).
- Add 2 tablespoons of aquarium salt or marine salt if you have soft water.
- Add up to 1 tablespoon of brine shrimp eggs.
- Heat the water to 74-82°F (23-28°C) either by heating the entire room, shining a small lamp with an incandescent or halogen bulb, or placing a small heater inside the water.
- Wait 24 hours (or more if the temperature is on the cooler side).
- Turn off the air pump and shine a light near the output spout at the bottom to attract brine shrimp for collecting.
- Open the output valve to collect the shrimp. You can rinse the brine shrimp or feed with the salt water if your tank needs minerals for the live plants or hard water fish.
For specific instructions on how to use the Ziss brine shrimp hatchery, read our full article here.